Tuesday, September 25, 2012

The Amazing Angle Trick

The other day... yesterday I think... I had mentioned something about how shooting from a different angle can make a huge difference in how your subject will appear in a photo. I am not talking a huge difference in angles, just something as simple as getting up slightly and shooting down instead of shooting straight on. I had my boy Jeff pose for me and I took a shot standing up one step on a step stool and one from straight on... the difference is jaw dropping...


Okay, he may have over done it bit on the straight on shot, but you can still see a difference. In the picture on the left, which was shot from the higher angle, he looks like a normal human being. The shot on the right is straight on and makes him look like that dwarf from Lord of the Rings... as a matter of fact...

Well, what do you know, he is a dwarf...

Anyway, shoot from a higher angle if you are shooting anyone but Brad Pitt or George Clooney...

No comments:

Post a Comment

Twitter